List of Universities in Florida | Best Universities in Florida near me
- Founded in 1851; oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida
- Carnegie Commission classification: “Doctoral Universities: Highest Research Activity”
- 45,493 students from every Florida county and 130 countries
- Accepted freshman profile for fall 2021:
- 4.1-4.5 average GPA; 27-31 average ACT composite score; 1230-1360 SAT score
- 94% retention rate for freshmen; 73% graduation rate within four years
- 21:1 student/faculty ratio
- 383 buildings on 1,716 acres; main campus in Tallahassee is 487 acres
- 2,594 traditional faculty; has included 6 Nobel Laureates
- 14,226 total employees
- Operating budget of $1.85 billion
- FSU’s research expenditures totaled $328,604,766 for FY 2021.
- 283 degree programs: bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, specialist, professional
- In 1965, Florida Senator Robert M. Haverfield introduced Senate Bill 711, which instructed the state Board of Education and the Board of Regents (BOR) to begin planning for the development of a state university in Miami.
- An abandoned airfield is an unusual place for the birth of a university. But in the summer of 1969, founding FIU president Chuck Perry gathered three leaders who would help him create his vision.
- Butler Waugh, Donald McDowell and Nick Sileo joined the 31-year-old Perry at Tamiami Airport and set up shop in the former air traffic controllers’ tower. The tower had no phones, no drinkable water and no furniture. President Perry decided that the control tower should never be destroyed and so it remains standing today at the center of campus, as FIU’s Ivory Tower.
- From that single building on that abandoned airfield, FIU has grown to be one of the largest universities in the country. The spirit of entrepreneurship born on that summer day thrives at today’s FIU.
The University of Central Florida (UCF) is a metropolitan research university built to make a better future for our students and society. We solve tomorrow’s greatest challenges through a commitment to academic, inclusive and operational excellence. Leveraging innovative learning, discovery and partnerships, we foster social mobility while developing the skilled talent needed to advance industry for our region, state and beyond.
Discover what it’s all about to be a Knight.
The University of North Florida is a public university in Jacksonville, Florida. Located between Jacksonville’s beaches and downtown, UNF is set on a beautiful 1,381-acre campus surrounded by nature.
Focused on student success, UNF has an annual enrollment of about 17,000 and graduates more than 4,000 students each year.
The University offers small class sizes and individualized attention, strong job placement, a welcoming environment and active student life, and is known for providing students with transformational learning experiences — research with faculty, community-based learning or studying abroad, which UNF students do at twice the national average.
UNF has more than 200 student clubs and organizations as well as 19 athletic teams and participates in Division I of the NCAA.
For more articles like this
UNF consistently ranks high for quality and value, and is recognized nationally by U.S. News & World Report as a Top Public institution. The University holds the prestigious Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation, a designation held by only 5% of universities in the U.S., and numerous other distinguished rankings.
A member institution of the State University System of Florida, UNF is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees.
At the University of West Florida, we believe in the power of higher education to drive change. We see that impact on campus, in our region, across the state and around the world.
Our students confront challenges head-on, working collaboratively to solve them. Our faculty give them the tools to navigate choppy waters and the courage to seek new horizons.
Based in Pensacola, we have additional locations in the region and an ever-growing global online presence. We’ve awarded more than 100,000 degrees from 110+ undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs.
Our alumni network is more than 90,000 Argos strong. We lead the Gulf South Conference in all-time championships and all-sports trophies.
We’re a major driver of economic impact in Northwest Florida and beyond, generating approximately $1 billion in total annual sales across the Florida economy.
List of Universities in Florida ranking
These are list of universities in Florida ranking by comparing with national wide as a whole, this are list of universities in Florida
|Florida Rank 2022
|US College Rank 2022
|University of Miami
|University of Florida
|Florida State University
|Florida Institute of Technology
|Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
|University of South Florida (Tampa)
|University of Central Florida
|Florida International University
|Florida Atlantic University
|University of North Florida
|Nova Southeastern University
|Ringling College of Art and Design
|Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
|Florida Southern College
|Palm Beach Atlantic University
|West Palm Beach
|University of Tampa
|Florida Gulf Coast University
|University of West Florida
List of universities in Florida for international students
Every year Florida is a top choice for international students looking to continue their higher education. Many international students are surprised to find themselves studying in Florida at a high quality institution for a fraction of the cost students may pay elsewhere.
Florida is home to some of the most affordable and cheapest colleges in the world, thus international students in their thousands troop in for admission into some of those universities and colleges every year. However, choosing the best college out of hundreds of institution could be very challenging.
The following are the list of universities in Florida for international students which are affordable with less cost during joining instruction
- University of Florida
- University of Miami
- University of South Florida – Main Campus
- Florida State University
- University of Central Florida
- Rollins College
- Ringling College of Art and Design
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Florida International University
- Nova Southeastern University
- Stetson University
- Eckerd College
- The University of Tampa
- University of North Florida
- Jacksonville University
- Florida Southern College
- Barry University
- The University of West Florida
- Ave Maria University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
This is university of Florida acceptance rate
The university of Florida acceptance rate is 31% during University of Florida admissions;
University of Florida admissions is most selective with an acceptance rate of 31%. Half the applicants admitted to University of Florida have an SAT score between 1290 and 1460 or an ACT score of 29 and 33.