To be eligible for admission into Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT), you need to meet certain requirements depending on the level of study you are applying for:
- Certificate and Diploma Courses:
- For direct admission, you must have completed your secondary education with at least four (4) passes (i.e., D grade or better) in Physics/Engineering Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, and any other subject except religious subjects.
- For admission into Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 4-6) in Science and Laboratory Technology, Biomedical Equipment Engineering, and Food Science and Technology, you need a Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE) with a grade of D or higher or possess a General Certificate Course in Engineering (GCE).
- Alternatively, if you have a Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE) with at least a D in Mathematics and a National Vocational Award (NVA) Level III or Trade Test Certificate of Grade I in the appropriate area issued by a VETA approved institution, you can also be eligible for certain diploma courses.
- Degree Courses (Bachelor’s):
- For Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology programs, you must have an Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6) or its equivalent in the respective field, with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 from a recognized institution and at least four (4) passes (i.e., D grade or higher) in relevant subjects at Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE) or General Certificate Course in Engineering (GCE) or NVA Level III or Trade Test Certificate of Grade I in the relevant field with a minimum of D grade in Mathematics at CSEE.
- Alternatively, you can be eligible if you have a good Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or its equivalent in the relevant field from a recognized institution by the National Regulating Authority with an average of minimum pass of C or an average of minimum 3 points based on the conversion scale, and at least four (4) passes (i.e., D grade or higher) in the relevant subjects at CSEE or GCE or Trade Test Certificate of Grade I in the relevant field with a minimum of D grade in Mathematics at CSEE.
- Master’s Degree:
- For Master’s programs, you need to have NTA level 8 credentials or equivalent and meet one of the following prerequisites: a) Hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree with a GPA of at least 2.7 from a recognized higher learning institution. b) Hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree with a PASS from a recognized higher learning institution and three years of professional experience. c) Hold an Advanced Diploma in Engineering with a PASS from a recognized higher learning institution and at least three years of professional experience.
Please note that the specific requirements may vary for different courses and programs at DIT. It is recommended to check the official DIT website or contact the admissions office for the most up-to-date and detailed information about the entry requirements for the course you are interested in.
Read More ;
- Admission Requirements for Ardhi University, Dar es Salaam 2023/2024
- UOA online application system 2023-2024 admission form university of Arusha
- ITA online application system 2023-2024 admission form Institute of Tax administration
- ISW Online Application System 2023-2024 admission form Institute of social work
- KCMC Online Application System 2023/2024 admission form
- HKMU Online application system 2023/2024 Admission Hubert Kairuki Memorial University
- STEMMUCO online application system 2023/2024 Admission
- Tanzania Colleges and universities Without Application Fees Admission 2023/2024
- Airwing Secondary School Fee, Results, Contact & Combination
- San Marcos 2022 Entrance Exam Results: A Comprehensive Look at Health Sciences Participants